Adam Jarvi | Associate Principal, Architect
Growing up in northern Minnesota, Adam has always felt a connection to the natural world. Hiking in the forest and paddling on spring-fed lakes instilled a deep appreciation for the natural world and led to a desire to create sustainable architecture that is always sensitive to its context.
Rethinking industrial buildings and landscapes, respecting past histories, and incorporating elements of a projects’ surroundings are personally important to Adam. "I like that these ideas drive the people that work with me, too, especially our clients," he says.
Adam leads the office’s existing and historic building documentation efforts, which are backed up by extensive experience in code review and analysis.
In addition to his work with NewStudio, he is a frequent adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota’s College of Design. He currently co-teaches a six-credit course called “Welcome Shanty Design+Build” that will create a visitor facility for the Art Shanty Projects on the winter ice of Bde Unma/Lake Harriet in Minneapolis.
Favorite Office Supplies:
Wite-out® tape and sugar-free Red Bull®
Best Things About Our Office:
- “Wall of Wood” in the conference room
- Proximity to the VFW
When I’m Not At NewStudio, I Am:
- Teaching as an adjunct assistant professor at the U of MN College of Design, School of Architecture
- Serving on the Union Park District Council’s Land Use Committee with my wife, Katie
- Chasing my wonderful dogs, Eloise & Mandy, aka The Girls
- Hiking and kayaking up North
- Practicing my photography
- Working on my 106-year-old house in St. Paul (a labor of love…?)
- Supporting Minnesota United FC. Go Loons!
M. Arch., College of Design, University of Minnesota
B.S. in Architecture, College of Design, University of Minnesota